Safe: TRUSTECH Smart Healthcare Ventures Limited are committed to respecting your privacy rights and protecting your personal information. We will handle your data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why: The personal data that we hold has been collected to enable us to deliver our innovation services. We may hold your details for different reasons such as the fulfilment of a contract, because you have registered for one of our services, you have attended an event or have subscribed to one of our mailing lists.
Benefits: By subscribing to our mailing list, we’ll be able to contact you about news, events or topics relating to health and social care innovation. By remaining on our database, you will be able to keep up to date with the work we’re involved in and suitable opportunities from our network.
Review: If you no longer wish to be contacted, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us using the email address below. If you have any other queries regarding your personal data in relation to TRUSTECH, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
TRUSTECH Smart Healthcare Ventures Limited (also referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting your personal information.
This privacy notice outlines: what personal data we collect, how we use, share and protect it and the legal rights you have in relation to your data. What personal data do we collect and how do we obtain this? Personal data that we collect may include:
- your name
- job title/employer
- email address/phone number
- interests (the type of activity you may be involved in)
- details/correspondence about any work we have carried out for you.
We don’t ask for any information unless we actually need it.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We collect data that you provide to us:
- By registering to use one of our services
- When contacting us directly to request a service
- When subscribing to our mailing lists
- When registering for an event
- In correspondence relating to a contract
If you use or interact with us through our website or any other online portal, there may also be information collected about you from your device, which may include cookies and your IP address.
We may also collect personal data from publicly accessible sources, such as a company website, to inform you about opportunities that may be of interest to you. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, you can opt out at any time. Additionally, we occasionally carry out market research activities for our customers, which typically involves collecting lists of contacts from either publicly available sources or through referrals. In these cases, we would only ever contact you for purposes relevant to your role.
How will we use your personal data? We may use your data to:
- Send you our newsletters (if subscribed) to keep you up to date with the work we’re involved in and opportunities from our network including news, events and topics relating to health and social care innovation.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you/your employer and us.
We use Google Analytics which tracks and reports on your data from website visits and enables us to present our content in the most effective manner.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Our interest in your personal data is so we can keep you informed about what is happening in our industry. [I need to check if this is a legal basis] In some cases, it is also required for contracts.
When do we share your personal data?
- We may disclose your personal information to other bodies closely affiliated with TRUSTECH for them to further advise you. This is only ever in relation to the services that you’ve requested or signed up to.
- We may be under legal obligation to share your personal data to trusted third parties such as courts, regulatory authorities or government agencies or need to disclose your information to protect the rights or safety of TRUSTECH, our customers or others.
- We will never sell, trade or give away your data. We will never share it with any third parties without due cause.
Where do we store your personal data?
Our IT systems are hosted by Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) and so the information is either held on their secure, regularly backed up NHS servers or on leading industry servers including MailChimp, Microsoft, Pipedrive, Xero and Toggl. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
How do we protect your personal data?
We take the security of your personal data seriously. MFT regularly ensure that the policies, procedures and safeguarding measures are relevant and up to date, and we comply with technical and organisational security measures to ensure the safety of your personal data.
How long do we hold your personal data for?
We will not keep your data longer than we need to. This depends on several factors including:
- Why it was collected
- How old it is
- Whether there is legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it
- Whether we need it to protect us/you.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you?
- You have the right to be informed about how we use and collect your data. This privacy notice should cover this but please get in touch, if you have any further questions.
- You have the right to request access to the data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, please email email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 1 month.
- You have the right to ensure that the data we hold about you is correct and up to date. If you believe that we hold inaccurate or incomplete information, please let us know.
- You have the right to ask for the data that we hold about you to be deleted.
- You have the right to object to our use of your data. This can either be a general objection or related to direct marketing. If you decide that you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by choosing the “Unsubscribe” link which is at the bottom of every newsletter email.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your data. E.g. if you are challenging the accuracy or are making a general objection to its use (see number 5 above) we would secure and retain your data but not use it.
- You have the right to request that we supply your data in a machine-readable format either to you or another company via a safe and secure manner.
Please note, there may be circumstances where exceptions to the above apply.
The personal information we hold about you is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The ICO website contains useful information about this legislation, if you would like to know more please visit https://ico.org.uk/
How to contact us:
Notification of changes
TRUSTECH reserves the right to change the privacy statement without notice. We will review this policy regularly and place updates on this page. This policy was last updated on 04/06/2020.
© 2020 TRUSTECH Smart Healthcare Ventures Limited.
TRUSTECH Healthcare Innovation is a brand of TRUSTECH Smart Healthcare Ventures Limited.